Visited September 2007 with Rookinella, Markr, Sinnerman and DarkPrince
Thanks to Avon and Somerset Fire service who now own the bunker and kindly allowed us to visit.
This was originally Royal Artillery post war anti aircraft operations room, then taken over in 1959 to become the Group 12 ROC HQ.
The building has had little structual change, but inside new walls have been built and the upgrade of new equipment has meant that a generator and the original comms equipment has been recently removed. One back up generator still remains. Original ventilation ducts and heaters remain in place and still run, but little else of its previous use exist.
Even the operations room, now a lecture theatre, no longer has its viewing balcony.
At least the building itself has survived.
The map board. The red dots indicate an ROC post, the red mushroom indicate a "burst", also written on the board has co-ordinates and measurements, also windspeed and direction, suggesting the board was last being used in a simulation attack before the HQ closed.
See more pictures of Lansdown No.12 Group ROC HQ