Visited October 2007 with Rookinella, Sinnerman and Root
A former ammunition store during the the Second World War primarily for the RAF's bombs, but also store a small amount of TNT for other armed forces.
The plan for Ridge was to have an layout of pillars and organised bays, and existing pillars with in the quarry were concreted around and re-enforced, but this was more costly than expected and the increased demand for storage space for ammunition meant then conversion was never finished but the quarry was still fully utilised.
Lorries would load and unload at a platform at the top of one of the slope shafts, were narrow guage rail trucks connected to a steam powered winch would control the trucks decent into the stores.
The loading platform still exists today, with in the quarry the only signs of the activity which took place in the 1930's and 40's is a few rusting tools, graffiti and the hollows left from the rotting sleepers of the rail track.